Off the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten Path

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Gluten Free Chicken Salad

It's got to be getting warmer somewhere in the world...just not in Salt Lake City. We have had the wild weather swings for the last two weeks, varying between balmy 68 degree weather and complete snowstorms. Usually at this point in the year I start trying to give nature little hints that I'm ready for warmer weather, like wearing no socks and rolling up my levi's, and making picnic food. My sister in law, Jennifer, makes this really great chicken salad for family get-togethers that will blow your mind, and she has given me the recipe, but it entails things like boiling chicken and using celery which make me sigh and wish she would just make it for me. But I've come up with a pretty good cheater recipe that makes me feel like I could get myself ready for a picnic and eat gluten free, too.


Gluten Free Chicken Salad



1 cup cooked rice

1 12.5 ounce can of cooked, cubed chicken (or use leftover cooked chicken and shred it)

3/4 cup-1 cup mayonaisse (I always use Best Foods--tasty and gluten free)

1 individual serving of mandarin oranges, with the juice

2 T slivered almonds

pinch salt

pinch pepper

1/4 cup grated parmesan


Mix all ingredients together and chill. Serve over lettuce or spread on Udi's Whole Grain Gluten Free Bread.


Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers