Off the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten Path

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Gluten Free Au Gratin Potatoes: The Easy Recipe

Ah, who doesn't love the humble potato? Not only are they filling and naturally gluten free, they are cheap. You can buy a bag of about a billion of them for around $3.00, and they have such versatility in so many recipes. Last Thanksgiving I posted a recipe for Au Gratin Potatoes that is pretty much the same as this one, only the way I made it is SO MUCH easier I couldn't resist posting this variation. I have made these this way three times in 10 days for a weeknight dinner, which says a lot about not only flavor but ease for me. If it's not easy, I don't make it on a weeknight unless it's a special occasion. Here's the simple version:

Gluten Free Au Gratin/Scalloped Potatoes

4 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced with a mandoline
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
2 T minced onion from the pantry
pinch salt
pinch pepper

Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well. Pour into a medium casserole dish sprayed with Pam, and spread top potato layer nicely with a spatula or spoon. (Doesn't have to be perfect, just not a total mess.) Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.

There's a few steps omitted from the other recipe and not as many ingredients to remember. My friend made these using all colby jack cheese and she said they were great. I hope you like it as much as we do!
Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers