Off the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten Path

Monday, January 10, 2011

Gluten Free Garlic Pork Roast

I bought a pork sirloin roast the other day for a Sunday dinner. It's been a while since I've made one and when I got home I realized I had forgotten how I had ever even cooked one before. I took a chance and thought I would try to bake it similarly to the Perfect Pot Roast, but I thought that the pork would taste better with different seasonings. I guessed right! Here's how I did it:

Gluten Free Garlic Pork Roast
1 2.5-3 lb sirloin pork roast
2 T crushed garlic (the kind from a jar)
salt and pepper
2 tsp better than boullion beef flavor paste
3/4 cup water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large dutch oven with Pam. Place pork in dutch oven and spread crushed garlic over the top of the meat. Sprinkle salt and pepper over garlic. Add boullion paste and water to bottom of pot. Cover, bake for 1 hour at 350 and then turn heat down to 250 for 4-5 hours. Makes a delicious gravy.Gravy:
Place dutch oven with drippings in bottom on stove burner and turn heat to medium high and bring to a boil (about 1 minute). When boiling, add 2 T white wine to bottom of pan and scrape drippings off with a spatula or rubber spoon. Add 1 cup water, bring to a boil, then add a roux made of 2-3 T cornstarch and 1/4 cup water. Stir until boiling and thick. Season with extra salt and pepper, if necessary.

Happy eating!

1 comment:

  1. I needed this one today as I have a pork roast defrosting in the fridge with no plan for it's use. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by April Showers