Off the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten Path

Monday, August 2, 2010

Gluten Free Homemade Raspberry Frozen Yogurt

This month I have been picking a lot of these from my backyard: Which I use to make a lot of this:
But the other day I realized that they could possibly be put to another, just as tasty use. See, lately I have realized that my tolerance for lactose is down to about zero. Since my diagnosis seven years ago I have always known that my days of drinking straight milk were over, but I've always cheated with ice cream. And I've always paid the consequences the next day. It's not pretty. Cheese and yogurt seem to be okay for me, probably because they have cultures in them and are processed. So I had a brainstorm the other day: I could use my newly purchased ice cream/frozen yogurt maker from Costco to make my own raspberry frozen yogurt with my favorite yogurt of all:
Greek yogurt. Twice the protein and nice and thick. So I made homemade raspberry frozen yogurt and I was in heaven. The stomach problems were down to super low levels *liveable levels* and I felt healthier because I used fancy yogurt. But not to worry, if you don't like greek yogurt or don't want to try it, just use plain vanilla Yoplait yogurt instead.
Homemade Raspberry Frozen Yogurt
2 cups greek vanilla flavored yogurt
1 cup sugar
12 ounces raspberries, fresh or frozen (I use mine whole but you can mash them if you don't want whole berries. I figure the ice cream machine will mash them up a little while it's mixing.)
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Add to frozen insert of ice cream maker. Add mixing arm and lid and turn on. Mix until frozen, about 25 minutes.
It may seem like a lot of sugar, but trust me, raspberries are so tart that they need it. Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers