Off the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten Path

Friday, January 29, 2010

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Corn Chex Treats

This is one of those times when I'm looking through my blog archives thinking, haven't I written about those yet? Lo and behold, I haven't. Peanut Butter Corn Chex Treats (such a creative name) are my husband's favorites and every time I make them he and Sam pretty much eat the whole batch by themelves. I love that they are a mix of healthy and unhealthy, salt and sweet, because that's pretty much how I roll these days. They are simple and easy (I had the 13 year old make them last night) and fun to make with kids. The original recipe calls for Corn Flakes, but since those are not gluten free, I substitute the now-gluten free Corn Chex. There are some gluten free corn flake brands out there, and if there's one you like, feel free to substitute those in.
Peanut Butter Corn Chex Treats
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup light Karo syrup
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 box Corn Chex cereal (4 cups)
Put brown sugar, syrup, and peanut butter into a large pan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat and add cereal. Mix thoroughly. Drop by scoopful onto foil. (Never use waxed paper on this recipe. You will never get the treats off!)Let set for 5-10 minutes to cool.
Simple, easy, delicious, and gluten free. Aahhhh, those are the best recipes of all.
Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers