Off the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten Path

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Gluten Free Pasta Mama

There is a restaurant in West Hollywood, CA, called Hugo's that makes this fabulous dish for breakfast called the Pasta Mama. At least that's what I heard on an episode of "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" on the Food Network the other day. Although I've never eaten there, I love the Pasta Mama. It's this super easy breakfast of leftover spaghetti noodles, scrambled eggs, and parmesan cheese that anyone can make and is so filling and yummy that you will want to eat it every day, I promise. I decided to make this dish one night when my husband was out late with the fellas and for some reason I was completely starving at 9 p.m. so...out came the pots and pans and the gluten free Pasta Mama.
The difference between this dish and the regular version is that you cannot use leftover gluten free noodles, because they do not reheat well. I have never had success with warming up gluten free noodles, so I always cook small batches every time I want noodles. And I always ALWAYS use Tinkyada gluten free noodles. Trust me, they are the best.
So, here's how to make a Gluten Free Pasta Mama:
1. Cook a small portion of gluten free Tinkyada Spaghetti noodles according to package directions.
2. Whisk two eggs in a small bowl.
3. When noodles are done, drain and rinse under cold water.
4. Heat a medium frypan to medium heat and add two tablespoons of olive oil.
5. Add noodles and eggs to frypan when oil is hot. Stir to coat noodles with eggs and cook for 1-2 minutes until eggs are done.
6. Add 1/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese and 1 T fresh parsley and stir into noodles. Immediately dish up the noodles into a bowl or large plate.
7. Eat and get full.
Happy eating!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers