Off the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten Path

Friday, February 5, 2010

Surviving the Super Bowl...Part 2: Brown Sugar Strawberries

Since we are all in the same gluten free boat when we're snacking on game days, I thought I'd share some easy appetizers to bring or share on Super Bowl Sunday. This is one of my very favorite ways to eat strawberries because it is so simple, easy, and different. It's a perfect dish for the non-cook to bring, because the only preparation needed is washing and de-cap-itating the strawberries. A lovely lady made this for an event I went to years ago, and whenever I think of eating strawberries I want to eat them like this, partly because they are so yummy but partly because I have such fond memories of her. Funny how food works on the emotions like that, eh? The memories of the person you ate something great with will come back every time you eat them, like those worn placemats in your mother's kitchen. They'll never fail to remind you of the good times.

Here's what you need: Strawberries. Sour Cream. Brown Sugar. In that order. Wash and remove the caps on the strawberries. Dry them with a paper towel. (This makes the sour cream stick a little better.) Dip the strawberry into some sour cream. Roll it in some brown sugar. Eat the whole thing in one bite.
If you have issues with eating finger foods, you could use fondue sticks or toothpicks if you have them so you don't have people licking their fingers and sticking them in the food. Me, I just close my eyes and go for it. I know strawberries aren't exactly in season right now, but it's worth getting some just to try this naturally gluten free snack. I have a sneaky feeling you're going to like it.
Happy eating!

1 comment:

  1. These strawberries look divine! I can't wait to try them!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by April Showers