Off the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten Path

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Gluten Free Stroganoff with Kick!

I am pretty much a creature of habit when it comes to recipes. I make the same thing over and over exactly the same way. But the good thing about writing a food blog is that you're forced to try new things that people will want to try. I know that there are certain laws of cooking that should always be obeyed, but sometimes the occasional creative thought can really jazz up a recipe enough to make you think, why didn't I ever do that the last 15 years I cooked that dish? Why am I so boring? And I am about to have a housewife moment and tell you how I changed the landscape of beef stroganoff forever.

I usually pull out the rice for my stroganoff. I would do noodles, but I am a fan of rice anyway and rice makes a lot from a little when you cook it. Plus, I have 5 kids! What kid doesn't like rice? Okay, don't answer that. I'm sure they're out there. Anyway, I pull out the rice and then I usually throw the same three ingredients into a pan and call it good: Progresso Creamy Mushroom soup, 1 pound of browned and drained ground beef, and 1 cup of sour cream, with a little minced onion for flavor. Good enough, right? Well, the other day I totally brainstormed this:That's right. I put 2 Tablespoons of ranch dip mix into my stroganoff with these: 3 sliced mushrooms sauteed in 2 Tablespoons of butter and garlic salt. I'm telling you, it turned it into love on a platter. So here's the recipe for Gluten Free Stroganoff with a kick:
Gluten Free Ranch Stroganoff
1 pound hamburger
1 can Progresso Creamy Mushroom Soup
1 cup sour cream
1 T dried minced onion
2 T Hidden Valley Ranch dip powder
3 mushrooms
2 T butter
1/2 tsp garlic salt
Brown the hamburger with the minced onion and drain it. Add 2 T of butter in a small saute pan and melt over medium heat. Slice the mushrooms and add to the butter. Sprinkle mushrooms with the garlic salt. Add the soup, sour cream, ranch dip powder to the hamburger and heat over medium until it comes to a slow boil. Reduce heat. When mushrooms are lightly golden on both sides, add them to the meat/soup mixture. Serve over rice.
Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers