Off the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten Path

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Crazy for Chocolate: Quick Chocolate Fudge

Sometimes you just need chocolate in its purest most unadulterated form. Sometimes people just really need a piece of fudge to get on with the day. I used to always make the recipe on the back of the Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme jar, but when I married my husband, his mom, a certified chocoholic, had this great easy fudge recipe that I liked a lot better. The current debate is: nuts or no nuts? I happen to love walnuts in the fudge. It makes it taste more substantial to me. Some people like almonds, pecans, or even pistachios in their fudge. It's up to you. Plain or with nuts, this fudge tastes great. And it's naturally gluten free! No special ingredients necessary.Quick Chocolate Fudge

1/2 cup light Karo syrup
1/3 cup evaporated milk
3 cups semisweet or milk chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate for this recipe)
2 t vanilla
3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
1 cup nuts

Line an 8x8x2 pan with Saran Wrap. (This comes in handy later.) In a heavy pan, stir the Karo syrup and milk together. Add chocolate chips and cook over medium low heat until chips are melted. Stir constantly so chocolate doesn't seize. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and powdered sugar. Beat well with a wooden spoon. Fold in nuts. Turn into the lined pan and refrigerate for 2-4 hours. When set, remove from pan and wrap in Saran Wrap and store in refrigerator. Cut into squares when ready to serve.This is one of my favorite ways to enjoy chocolate. I love the creamy texture of this fudge and the meaty walnut flavor. Depending on my mood, it lasts for about a week in the fridge. Enjoy some chocolate with someone you love this week!

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers