Off the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten Path

Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Easiest Cookies in the World


Sometimes you just really want cookies. Judging by my blog posts, apparently I always want cookies. Let me rephrase: Sometimes you just really want cookies but you don't want to deal with the fifteen ingredients, the measuring cups, and all the cleanup that comes along with it. People, I give you Easy Peanut Butter Cookies. Not only are they delicious and quick, but they are great for lunchboxes or after school snacks.

I really want to make these cookies on my upcoming TV segment, but I'm thinking I would get laughed out of the building. It's too easy! It's too simple! It's not seared tuna steaks with corn slaw and blue dijon vinaigrette! It's only three ingredients! I happen to think viewers want easy recipes that they can make without special ingredients and without reinventing the wheel every time they have to cook gluten free food. It's about embracing the foods that are already gluten free, and using them however they are easiest and most accessible to busy families. I'm just saying...So leave me a comment and let me know what you think about this recipe. Kindergarten baby or genius concoction?

I try to be really good about giving credit for where I have gotten my recipes. All I know is that I got this recipe out of a parenting magazine. I checked at Family Fun and Parenting but couldn't find the recipe. So, kudos to whichever magazine ran this piece...it truly is kid-friendly and delicious. If you are that magazine, email me and I will give you credit for it.

Easy Peanut Butter Cookies


1 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
1 cup sugar
1 egg



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together. Roll 1 tablespoon of dough into a ball and roll in sugar. Place on cookie sheet. Make an "x"with a fork. Repeat with the rest of the dough. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool for 5-6 minutes on cookie sheet. Transfer to wire rack. Makes 16-18 cookies.
Happy eating!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm new to your blog. I say: genius concoction! I think sharing recipes that are incredibly simple is a great idea - especially when gf baking sometimes involves just too many flours... I wouldn't have known that these three ingredients would work as a cookie - can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by April Showers