Off the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten PathOff the Wheaten Path

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Late Night Love





That Mary. Love that she went crackers. Last night as I was getting ready to go upstairs and go to bed, I had the late-night hunger pangs set in. (That's what happens when you stay up six hours after dinner ends.) When I walked into the kitchen intent on satisfaction, I saw this staring me in the face:


One of my fabulous, flavorful, homegrown tomatoes. I knew not only that one of these babies would hit the spot, but that I'd better use it up because there would be four more out there ready to be picked tomorrow. So I went to the fridge and the pantry and came up with this:





Yum. I used Mary's Gone Crackers Original Recipe crackers, one of my favorites.They are so crunchy and the texture is heavenly when paired with cheese. I added a little square of Meunster cheese, a piece of my yummy tomato, and sprinkled it with some garlic salt and black pepper. Heavenly. When I finished the seven crackers I had made up and photographed, I looked at the box of crackers. Only 140 calories for 13 crackers? I still had half a tomato and seventy calories left over. Hmmm....so I went back to the fridge and pantry and came up with these:



More Mary's Gone Crackers Original Recipe with a square of colby jack cheese, some black beans I just strained with a spoon right out of the can, sprinkled with a little cumin and a tomato on top. They are also great without tomato. (And no, I'm not one bit embarrassed about my photo quality here. Not.) I went to bed full, happy, and so glad I had a late night science experiment with my gluten-free crackers. Thanks again Mary! Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers